SiteGround CDN Is Now Officially Here
Table of Contents
We’ve already launched a newer, even faster version of our CDN service – SiteGround CDN 2.0! It increases the website loading speed by 20% on average, going up to 100% for visitors located in some specific parts of the world, by utilizing the power of anycast routing and Google network edge locations.
We are excited to announce that the SiteGround CDN is out of its beta period and is now officially available for use to all our customers. SiteGround CDN is a site speed optimization service developed in-house specifically for our customers, who receive traffic from different geographic locations. Thousands of users have enabled the CDN during its beta phase and are already actively using it. We are happy and thankful for their strong positive feedback and their input that helped us apply the final touches to our CDN before its official release today.
What are the benefits of the SiteGround CDN
Our SiteGround CDN is an in-house built solution that provides you with a simple On/Off service with smart defaults and native server performance. It is carefully developed to incorporate all related services needed for best results. Here are some of its main benefits:
Blazing-fast websites loading speed
Our SiteGround CDN ensures the fastest loading speed for your websites to its visitors from different parts of the world, thanks to the facts that:
- Our CDN service is hosted entirely in the Cloud where content is cached and replicated across multiple locations on 4 continents and thus served to your website visitors with minimal latency.
- Our CDN ensures blazing-fast loading speed of your websites because it uses a super fast private network between our client-specific CDN locations and our hosting servers.
No configuration and easy management
Setting up your SiteGround CDN and managing its features happens with a few simple clicks in your Site Tools -> Speed -> CDN section, thanks to the fact that every layer of our system is built in-house. The activation of the CDN happens with a single click with NO additional site reconfiguration needed regardless of your site setup. No matter if your site is opened with www, or without www, or if it uses SSL or not, the CDN simply works.
SiteGround CDN plans and features
SiteGround CDN includes a free and a premium plan, that you can choose from, based on your website’s needs. Find out more about the two plans in the following sections:
Features in the Free CDN plan
If you choose to use the Free CDN plan, you can take advantage of the following functionalities, completely free of charge:
- CDN activation for primary domain names with just one click
- Caching of your website static content on CDN servers
- Up to 10 GB bandwidth CDN traffic per month
- Immediate initiation of purge of all cached resources for your website
- Development mode for checking the latest website changes live quickly and ensuring everything looks good
Features in the Premium CDN plan
The Premium CDN plan includes all of the above-mentioned features in the free plan and in addition, it gives you access to the complete list of premium CDN functionalities:
- CDN activation for all domains, including subdomains and parked domains
- Advanced dynamic caching, delivering cached copies of the dynamically generated pages of your site by default
- Unlimited CDN traffic
- Custom TTL (time to live) that allows you to choose your desired cache time to live
- “Always online” feature that keeps delivering the already cached pages from our CDN servers, in case your site starts returning errors
How to get started
You can switch on the Free CDN for your website with a single click from your Site Tools > Speed > CDN section. If you want to unlock the premium CDN features, you need to purchase the Premium CDN service from Client Area > Marketplace > Hosting Services > Additional Services, currently available with 50% off for the first 12 months, starting from $7.49/mo USD (prices are subject to change).
If you would like to use the SiteGround CDN, keep in mind that you cannot use it simultaneously in combination with another CDN. To be able to utilize the CDN service, you need to be using our centralized DNS as well, i.e. your domain should point to our name servers:
Try out our new CDN service for yourself and feel free to leave us a comment, in case you have any feedback or suggestions.